Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pinterest.


Before the days of Pinterest, {in the ancient times}, I made what I call my Home Binder. 


It's filled with ripped out pages of magazines that inspire me...sectioned by room.


Some of the pages are from a homework assignment freshman year...back in the day when my interior design assignments were as simple as looking through magazines. 

Little did I know the intense (but amazing/fun/great) projects that were to come. Like the ones that I've stayed up til 5:30 AM finishing...those were good times I tell you. Good TIMES.


Anyways, I made this a few years ago but I still 
love this binder and continue to add to it.

But nowadays...Pinterest is my go-to place for inspiration. 

A Country Farmhouse



Lately I've realized how much more inspired I am with design when I look closely and actually analyze why I like a room before I pin it. Instead of just mindlessly pinning up a storm. I guess you could say I pin with PURPOSE. (Is that line cheesy? Maybe.)

When I pin a picture...I either make a mental note or put a caption for myself listing off the elements I appreciate. So that the next time I'm designing a room, I can remember what kinds of things make me love a space!

This way, I honestly feel like I'm learning more about design while I'm pinning. Or maybe that's just what I tell myself to justify procrastinating/spending time on Pinterest...
Country Living

I love looking through my boards later and seeing what kinds of things I am drawn to regularly. You can learn a lot about your sense of style just by scrolling through what you pin!

How do you guys use Pinterest?

PS: If any of you are interested in following my boards, here's a link if you want to follow me and see what's inspiring me! (it's also in my sidebar) http://pinterest.com/courtneylane/



4 comments:

Marriage from Scratch said...

Hi Court! I am loving your new blog. :)

Frugal Home Designs said...

I like your inspiration pics. Tried to find you on Pinterest so I could keep you with your inspiration, but you didn't come up. Any tips?

-Courtney Lane- {blog} said...

Hey guys, that link at the bottom to my Pinterest page was wrong, but it should be all fixed now! :) Thanks Frugal Home Designs for pointing that out to me!

Tobe | BIA said...

word. i still have all of my inspiration binders, but pinterest is THE BEST. i don't know what i'd do if it ever went away.....lose a lot of inspiration, that's for sure! ox