Friday, December 9, 2011

Handmade Christmas Cards

I'm HOOOOOME!


And I'm done with the busy quarter that I thought may never end! I am so relieved to have this break. This cozy chair by the fire and the Christmas tree is my favorite spot in the house.

My first full day home for break was the most glorious, slow-paced day ever. I pretty much wandered around all day organizing my room, watching shows, and Christmas decorating. And then I decided to do some crafts.


I have a stash of cute scrapbooking stuff that I rarely find time to use...but right now since it feels like I have all the time in the world, I started making some cards and gift tags for Christmas!






Jack kept trying to fling himself onto the table to grab them. I didn't appreciate it. He wasn't even sneaky about it. Look at him...licking his lips, just wishing he could devour my cards. Dreaming of what the paper might taste like.

He's not always mischevious, though. Sometimes he just sits on my lap and we pretend he's still 15 pounds instead of FORTY.




This is Jack's favorite spot of the house. The ottoman. For some reason this picture makes me think of Pride Rock from Lion King. Jack just looks so...regal. Mufasa, is that you?



It's going to be a wonderful break and Christmas. Speaking of Christmas, here's how much shopping I've done: ________

None. ZILCH.

I keep hearing people (mostly bloggers) say they've been done shopping for weeks now...what??

But hey. I made cards. That counts for something, riiiight? 

Right.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Am really enjoying your blog; it's nice to see and hear decor thoughts, ideas etc. from a young, fresh perspective. Great sense of humor too.

Marriage from Scratch said...

Cuuuuuuuuute cards!!! You're so crafty...just like your mama and sis :)

gift ideas said...

These christmas cards are so beautiful. Home made cards are better than ready made cards. I am appreciate your efforts. Thanks for sharing!